Pinterest

This may sound crazy, but Pinterest has SAVED my life while planning my wedding. If you have never been apart of Pinterst, now is the time girl. It will help you create a good picture of how you want your dream day to turn out. The ideas flow from what food, flowers, dress, rings, bridesmaids, decorations, gifts, anything you need, its there to help you decide.

Define Pinterest: 
"Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their WEDDINGS, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.
Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests."

CLICK HERE FOR PINTEREST!

Usually you have to be invited by someone to join. Message me if you do, I will invite you in a heart beat. I don't want anyone missing out on this! If you haven't already... create a board just for your wedding ideas. As you browse other people's boards and ideas, don't be afraid to pin what you see onto your board. This is not copying. The point of this website is to get "inspiration" from the beautiful ideas other people have.

A great piece of advice my dear friend Rachel gave me when talking about different things I wanted at my wedding, but was hesitant to use because my friends had already used it, was this:

"Micah, don't worry if someone has already used that idea. This is YOUR day and the only one who will be looking at your pictures or even remember will be YOU. You need to design this day the way you like it. If someone did something that you like, recognize that their idea was a good idea... AND USE IT!"

Most likely your wedding won't turn out exactly the way your friend Abby or Sally's weddings did anyway. Grab and idea here, take one from there and create YOUR day the way YOU like it.

Now that I am off my soap box, Pinterest is also going to take you to websites with even more detail and great ideas. You will find where to get that gorgeous dress you saw or how to make the DIY centerpiece that stole your heart.

Run wild and free on Pinterest now, and let the creative juices start flowing!



No comments:

Post a Comment